SecureCam is our newest program to help prevent and investigate crimes.
By registering your camera you can help us prevent crime in your neighborhood. There is no cost to register your camera and it will only take a few minutes of your time.
You may cancel your registration at any time by sending an email to: MIS@harrison-ny.gov
Once you complete the registration process, a member from the Department will contact you to request a visit to your business or home to verify the information you have provided.
Call to Duty
The Harrison Police Department will only contact you if there is an incident in the vicinity of your security cameras. Police personnel may request to view and copy video evidence recorded on your camera to assist in the investigation of a crime.
The goal of the Harrison Police Department SecureCam program is to promote public safety in collaboration between the Department and the business owners and residents of Harrison. All registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any video material collected by the Harrison Police Department related to criminal investigations can be used as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Video material provided to the Harrison Police Department is reserved for official use.
- When necessary, the Harrison Police Department will contact you directly using the information you have provided to obtain video surveillance footage from your system.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent or employee of the Town of Harrison and/or the Police Department.
- You will be assigned a registrant ID number. Please retain this number for correspondence with the Department.
- You agree not to release any video or picture images to the media without consulting the Harrison Police Department.